Saturday, February 16, 2008

Knitting and Hawaiian Vacation...Hmmm...



Knitting did occur on my Hawaiian vacation; not as much as I'd like. A lot of ripping out and starting over did occur; more than I'd like. Here's a photo of I think my third attempt at casting on the Knit Picks Wave Scarf pattern (in Elann Peruvian Highland Sport for those who like to know). We're exploring the wet, rainy upcountry roads on the Kona Coast trying to avoid the horrible traffic down below in Kailua-Kona. I became so frustrated the knitting was set aside and the camera was picked up for some blurry, "artistic and interpretive" photographs of the Hawaiian scenery.






Back at home now and this is the present state of the Blue Waves Scarf, in its fourth...or maybe fifth...version. Hopefully there will be no more ripping and recasting with this project! We'll see. I'm not convinced that the pattern will yield the lovely waves in the pattern pic. But the yarn is such a gorgeous shade of blue I'm happy!




Airplane Knitting is much more productive however. On the drive down to airport I worked on my version of Pam Allen's Knitting Bag and so loved it that it ended up going to Hawaii too! Despite the fact that it's in chunky, bulky wool yarn and I had to shove the extra skein into my luggage. It kept me busy on the plane and that's always a good thing...and the half a Xanax didn't hurt any either! Here's what it looks as of today:



I'm now working on the back side and still loving the bobbles!

No comments: